Hello Summer! I love it when all the fruits in the produce section are so vibrant and have that enticing, sweet aroma. Summer has finally ushered in the season of good fruit, and I’m certainly taking advantage of it!
I’ve made this dish twice, and both times I’ve eaten it I’ve thought, “Man I should make this more often!” It’s a really great, non-traditional way to eat chicken. Unfortunately, you’ve just got to wait for the season when cantaloupe and mango are nice and ripe.
One thing I first thought was odd about this recipe is the use of Swiss cheese. I mean, to me, Swiss and mango do not really go well together. But I was so wrong! It’s like they’re made for each other! In fact, when Blake first took a bite, he said, “Is that Swiss cheese?! That’s weird, but SO GOOD!”
And if you thought this amazing, colorful, delicious meal couldn’t be any better…it’s a Weight Watchers Recipe! Score!
- Tropical Salsa:
- 4 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- Island Chicken:
- 1 Tbsp light margarine
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp purple onion, diced
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese
- Combine all tropical salsa ingredients and chill until ready to serve
- Melt margarine in skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with garlic salt and add to skillet. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken, add onions, and cook 4 more minutes or until done.
- Top chicken with 1/2 slice of Swiss cheese and cover skillet until cheese is melted (just a couple minutes).
- Serve with Tropical Salsa.
WW Points (Salsa): 3 WW Points (Chicken): 5