Ready for an AMAZING dessert that’s surprisingly easy to make? Well here it is! Chocolate lovers, gather ’round because this is one you don’t want to miss.
Last year I discovered the awesomeness that is Puff Pastry. Before this recipe, I had never eaten it or even heard of it. It’s found in the frozen sweets section of the grocery store. Once I ate this little chocolate bundle, I was hooked on Puff Pastry. Now, some of my favorite desserts include this simple ingredient. If you’ve never had it, you need to!
When I studied abroad in Italy, I ate a pastry at least once a day. They have pastry shops all over the place! It’s one thing that here in America (especially in a suburban town) we’re just missing out on. So even though these frozen pastries might not be the made fresh from scratch kind I ate in Italy…they still taste pretty dang good.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 8 Hershey's kisses
- 8 miniature chocolate candy bars (I used mini Reese's cups, but you can use whatever you like!)
- Parchment paper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces (you can use dark chocolate if you prefer)
- Cool Whip & Strawberries, Optional
- Allow puff pastry to thaw for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unfold puff pastry and cut the sheet into 4 squares. Beat the eggs and cream together to create an egg wash. Brush the entire surface of each pastry square with egg wash.
- Place 2 chocolate kisses and 1 mini candy bar in the center of each pastry square. Repeat with remaining kisses and mini-bars. Pull corners of the square up around the chocolate, pinching the seams together. Brush exteriors of chocolate bundles with more egg wash. Repeat with remaining bundles.
- Place bundles on a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the bundles are in the oven, you can make the ganache. In a sauce pan bring the heavy cream to a boil. Place the chocolate pieces in a bowl and pour hot cream over top. Whisk until smooth.
- Puddle the ganache on a plate and place a bundle on top. Drizzle more ganache on top and garnish with Cool Whip and strawberries.
Source: Inspired by Family Magazine