Hello all! Today I’m posting from a different location. I’m house-sitting/dog-sitting/plant-sitting at my parents’ house this weekend. Since I’m not in my own kitchen with my own pantry, I’m pretty much winging it when it comes to dinner. I basically just raid their pantry and refrigerator and then find recipes that work. Luckily, my parents have a pretty well stocked kitchen!
This chicken dish was perfect because all the ingredients are things you probably have on hand already (like my lovely mother). It also turned out GREAT with a wonderful crunchy coating on top of flavorful, juicy chicken.
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned panko crumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 ½ tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with tin foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Pour the panko crumbs, parsley, cheese, and thyme in a shallow bowl, mix until well combined. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Mix the mustard and garlic together then rub evenly all over each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast in the panko mixture until coated really well. Place the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees. Let the meat rest for 7-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Source: For the Love of Cooking