Ok now y’all know I’m not a vegetarian. But dang, this is one meal that could convince me that I might not miss meat as much as I think I would. Not that I’m considering giving up meat or anything…
Seriously though, this was one very delicious and very filling meal. My husband LOVES Mexican food, and this is a more unique way to serve Mexican. Cuz I don’t know about you, but to me quesadillas, burritos, and enchiladas kind of all taste the same. This was a nice change of pace but still kept that great Mexican flavor.
Once we had eaten our dinner, we scraped up the last few bites of beans and cheese on the plate with some tostitos. Mmmmm that made some great nachos! My only regret is this: when we were cleaning up the kitchen, I opened the fridge and saw some tomatoes, and I thought, “DANG! I should’ve diced some tomatoes to put on there!” I’m sure that would’ve been awesome, but it’ll just have to wait til next time!
This is really a great Weight Watchers recipe, whether you’re vegetarian or not!
- 2 ½ lbs potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 c shredded 2 % sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ c chopped cilantro
- salsa (optional)
- light sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil & taco seasoning. Place in a large sprayed baking dish.
- Pour beans over potatoes. Cover & bake 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle cilantro & cheese over potatoes. Cook 10 more minutes. Top each serving with salsa and/or sour cream.
WW Points = 6