After today, dear readers, you will never again have to look for an enchilada recipe. Because this is the best one there is. Seriously. Since there are so many wonderful recipes out there to try, I rarely make the same dish more than once. But this “so good enchilada” is one that I’ve made about a dozen times. It’s one of my husband’s absolute favorite meals that he requests all the time, and I love it too! The next time you’re looking for a good Mexican dish, this is the way to go. And then I can guarantee that you’ll make it again and again.
I use large flour tortillas which makes 4 enchiladas (which barely fit in my 9×13 pan). However, these things are SUPER FILLING. My husband and I can each only eat one, and then we save the other 2 for lunch the next day. And these things are just as good reheated as they were the first go-round. If you wanted, you could use the medium sized tortillas and just divvy the filling out among them. That way it’s better for feeding a group, and people will still get full off of them. I used to serve these with Spanish rice as a side dish, but now I don’t even do side dishes because they’re so filling on their own. But if you used the smaller tortillas, you might want to supplement with rice or even chips and dip. Regardless of how you serve them, these will be devoured! Trust me…they’re SO GOOD. 🙂
And, as a bonus, this is a low-fat recipe. I unfortunately don’t have the nutrition facts for you, but it is low fat.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 can fat free refried beans
- 1 can fat free cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz. fat free sour cream
- 3/4 lb chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small can of enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine soup, sour cream, and chicken in a medium bowl.
- Spread beans evenly on each tortilla. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the sour cream mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 1 Tbsp of cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a greased baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.