Do you like doing dishes? No, of course you don’t like doing dishes. No one does. So what’s the solution to dirty dishes, you ask? Foil!
This recipe not only relieves you of washing dishes, but it’s actually really good too! And maybe I’m the only person who feels this way, but I often put so much thought into entree dishes that I totally forget about the side dishes. I usually realize (only a few minutes before my entree is done cooking) that I never decided on sides and then I just raid the pantry or the freezer for something easy and quick. Typically I end up doing something simple and recipe-free for sides, like just heating up some canned vegetables or boiling some pasta. So another great thing about this dish, is I didn’t have to think about what to do for sides. It was all built in to one recipe, and that makes my life easier!
I did change this recipe quite a bit…which is something I NEVER do. I always follow recipes to the letter so that way if it turns out badly, I can blame it on the recipe and not on me! The original calls for stuffing mix, but after reading some reviews of the recipe, a lot of people said that it just made everything soggy and mushy, so I replaced that with some diced red potatoes. It also does not say to marinate the chicken, but again the reviewers said that the chicken turned out rather bland. I marinated mine in Lawry’s Garlic and Herb marinade for about an hour and then I actually poured the leftover marinade over the chicken and potatoes and the flavor sunk in really well! My husband and I REALLY enjoyed this dish, and I hope you will too!
- 1 package of stuffing mix, chicken flavor
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- Half a bottle of Lawry's Garlic & Herb marinade
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 Tbsp Ranch Dressing
- Place chicken and marinade in a large ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil with oil. Combine stuffing mix and water.
- Spoon 1/4 of the stuffing mixture onto the center of each foil sheet. Pour leftover marinade on top of stuffing. Top with chicken breast. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese and 1 slice of bacon, crumbled. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp ranch dressing. Top with 1 c. of broccoli.
- Bring up foil sides and fold to seal, leaving room for heat circulation inside Place packets on a cookie sheet and bake 25-30 mins. Remove packets and let stand 5 mins. Cut sits in foil for steam before opening.
Source: Big Oven