This dish was a delightful surprise! It was surprising because I didn’t know if it would turn out very good. Blake and I are not huge fans of mushrooms, so recipes that call for them are always kind of a risk. But, the risk was worth it because this was ssooooo delicious.
First you bread the chicken with flour and then pan-fry it in a skillet. This makes the chicken nice and crunchy. Then the sauce on top is SO GOOD! It’s rich and savory and full of flavor. I liked that the sauce was creamy and not watery. Mmmm. Cooking dinner last night made the house smell really good too. One thing I would recommend is maybe increasing the amount for the sauce ingredients. It was enough for the chicken, but I also had a tiny bit of sauce on my rice, and it was awesome! So I would make a little extra and serve it over some rice.
And, not only is this dish super tasty, but it’s one you don’t have to feel guilty about eating! Yup, it’s a weight watchers recipe. You would certainly not know it just by tasting it!
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp & 1 tsp all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp light butter
- ¼ cup & 2 Tbsp fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- Combine 2 Tbsp flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in mixture to coat.
- Melt butter in large sprayed skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken 5–6 min or until done. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add ¼ cup broth to pan. Stir and bring to boil. Add mushrooms, cook 3–5 min.
- Blend remaining broth & flour. Add to pan, stir until thickened. Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
WW Points = 4