This is one of my favorite simple fish recipes. This is another meal that only takes about 30 minutes to cook (if that). That’s one thing I love about fish…it cooks quickly. I love chicken, steak, and such, but I hate waiting forever for things to cook. Fish is always a good pick when I’m short on time to get dinner ready. This fish tastes like it’s fried but without the grease! The breading with the Italian herbs really makes it stand out among other plain breaded fish fillets.
Usually when I think of Italian food, I picture spaghetti, lasagna, pizza, etc. Basically when I think Italian, I think of anything with pasta, cheese, and marinara sauce. This fish is certainly not your quintessential Italian dish, but it does have a distinctly Italian flavor. And since I love anything that reminds me of Italian food, I’m a big fan. I’ve tried a lot of simple 30 minute recipes for tilapia, and this is definitely one of the best ones!
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Romano cheese, grated (I used parmesan because that's all I had)
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Salt and pepper the fish to taste, and sprinkle the garlic powder on the fillets.
- On a dinner plate, mix the cheese and bread crumbs together. In a little saucepan or in the microwave, melt butter and olive oil together.
- Dip fish in the butter/oil mixture, then dredge with the bread crumb mixture. Place in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Cooking time will vary, depending on the thickness of your fish.
Source: Rantings of an Amateur Chef