This recipe is one that is very popular on pinterest. In fact, I think it was one of the first recipes I ever pinned! So you may have seen it before or you may have even tried it yourself! If you have, let me know how yours turned out!
This is definitely some delicious chicken. Something about ritz crackers and cheese just make plain chicken so much more interesting and tasty! We really enjoyed this dish. I like the combination of crispy chicken and creamy sauce. Ya know sometimes when you put sauce on something crispy, it tends to make it…less crispy. Not this though,the textures and flavors all go together so well.
And this sauce is soooo good. It’s not the healthiest recipe you’ll come across, but it’s certainly delicious, and there are ways to lighten it up (fat free cream of chicken, light sour cream, etc.) and you could even leave out the sauce entirely to reduce calories. It would still be some tasty chicken, but let’s be honest, you’d be taking out the best part.
- For the Chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/2 C milk
- 3 C cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 2 T sour cream
- 2 T butter
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut each chicken breast into 2 or 3 large chunks. In a food processor, grind up the crackers.
- Pour the milk, cheese, and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans/bowls. Toss the ¼ t salt and 1/8 t pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, then cheese, and then crumbs.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and lay chicken in the pan. Cover with foil and bake at 400 for 35 mins.
- Remove the foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes (or until edges are golden brown and crispy).
- In a medium sized sauce pan, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is hot. Serve over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
Source: Jamie Cooks It Up