This is one of my favorite recipes. It was one of the first successful recipes I did when I first started cooking two years ago. It wasn’t until I bit into this dish that I thought, “ok, I can do this whole cooking thing.”
I’ll tell you the very best part of this dish: the sauce. See that amber pool of deliciousness on that plate? That’s where it’s at. The tender pork chops, the sweet apples, and crunchy pecans are all great. But that sauce…mmmmm…it just takes it to a whole new level. It’s just so sweet and flavorful! This dish is great for fall, too. It has a really rich fall-like flavor with the apples, brown sugar, and pecans.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy and quick it is. I made this last night and from start to finish, it only took about 15 minutes. Now I dare you to find another dish that is this delicious that only takes 15 minutes to cook! I really encourage you to try this dish! You won’t be disappointed!
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, trim all fat
- Salt & pepper
- 3/4 T light margarine
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 c diced red apples (my apples were more yellow than red. it tastes the same, but it'd be prettier with red ones!)
- 2 1/2 T chopped pecans
- Sprinkle chops wit salt & pepper. Melt margarine in a large skillet; add apples & cook 2 min.
- Push apples to side and add chops. Cook chops for 4 min.
- Turn chops & top with apples. Add pecans & br. sugar; cover & cook 4 – 8 min more.
WW Points = 9