I know I post a lot of tilapia recipes, but this is definitely one of my favorites! It’s easy, healthy, and SO GOOD! I’ll definitely be making this one again.
What I enjoyed most about this fish is the crispy, salty coating made from crushed up french fried onions. It gives the taste and somewhat the texture of eating fried fish, but without all the frying oil (and all the calories that come along with it). I also really loved the zip of lemon you get in each bite. I honestly didn’t think that I would be able to taste that little bit of lemon zest once all of it was put together and cooked, but I was so wrong! The citrus flavor really added a lot.
And on top of being some of the best fish I’ve ever cooked, it’s also a Weight Watchers recipe! So go ahead and enjoy this pseudo-fried fish without feeling guilty. And then reward yourself with an extra serving of dessert 🙂
WW points: 5
- 2/3 cup French fried onions, crushed
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 4 Tbsp All-Purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat free egg substitute
- 4 tilapia fillets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Pour egg substitute in a 2nd bowl. Combine fried onion crumbs, lemon zest, and garlic salt in a 3rd bowl.
- Dredge fillets in flour, then dip into egg substitute, then roll in onion crumbs.
- Place on sprayed baking sheet. Bake 10 min. @ 400 or until flakey.