I had extremely high expectations for this dish. I mean, not only does the title imply that it will knock your socks off, but the pictures on The Enchanted Cook‘s page just look sssoooo delicious. I’m a sucker for most things that are “parmesan crusted” too.
This dish was good…but it didn’t meet my ridiculously high expectations. It was more like “Oh ok. yeah. chicken” instead of “OMG Chicken.” Part of the problem, in my opinion, is that the mayo/crust on top was too thick. I used the recommended amount for the ingredients so I’m not sure why it came out that way. The pictures and words like “crusted” led me to believe that this chicken would have a crispy outer coating. Instead it had kind of a mushy topping with some breadcrumbs on top. I think if I had used less mayo it wouldn’t have been so thick and mushy.
Anyways, I know I’ve been kinda harsh on this recipe so far (again, my expectations were VERY high so I was somewhat disappointed), but in spite of its shortcomings in texture, it still is quite tasty. And the chicken did come out nice and juicy. This is also a rreeeeally simple recipe that only has 4 ingredients and takes mere minutes to prepare. So it gets bonus points for that.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place mayo and cheese in a small bowl and mix.
- Lay chicken breasts on baking sheet (I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy) and spread mayo mixture evenly atop each. Next evenly sprinkle bread crumbs atop each.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and juices run clear. Tops should be browned. You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra browned on top.
- Season with a dash of fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, if desired.
Source: The Enchanted Cook