Oh my goodness. After a few very long and rough days at work, it was so nice to see this waiting for me in my inbox! Thank you so much to Kenzie of Strong Like My Coffee for nominating me!
Liebster means ‘dearest’ or ‘favorite’ in German, and the rules for accepting the nomination are:
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to
4. Choose 11 people to award, telling them in a post.
Ok so here are 11 things about myself…
1. I love to travel. Outside of the U.S. I’ve been to Italy, St. Lucia, Mexico, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Bahamas, Rwanda, and Ethiopia. I have so many more places to visit though!
2. Growing up I had a dog named Rocky. He was a schnauzer, and he was a big part of my life for 15 years.
3. Foods I won’t eat: cherries, squash, turnip greens
4. I am a board-game-aholic. I love playing board games…and I love winning.
5. I’m very competitive (see #4)
6. I think it would be awesome to be a professional movie critic. I love watching movies and giving my opinion on movies. I’m perfect for it!
7. I kind of have this ridiculous dream that one day I’ll have two sons close in age. One will be a wide receiver and one will be a defensive back and then they could play against each other. Naturally, they’ll both be famous.
8. If it has bacon on it, I’ll probably eat it (and enjoy it).
9. I feel like nearly all the clothes in my closet are either blue or gray. I need some more color in my wardrobe.
10. Summer is my favorite season. Even though it’s hotter than Hades outside, I just love the long days, the 4th of July, BBQ, beach trips, pool days and most of all NO SCHOOL (the best part of being a teacher).
11. I have never lived by myself. I went from parents, to college roommates, to husband. Did I miss out on having a place all to myself or should I feel lucky?
And here are the answers to the 11 questions posted on Strong Like My Coffee
1. How do you like your coffee?
Um I actually don’t drink coffee. It’s way too bitter. And I’m not a huge fan of hot drinks (only the occasional hot chocolate).
2. What’s your favorite thing to blog about?
Although I blog the MOST about food, I’d have to say I enjoyed blogging about my first mission trip to Africa the most. God just moved in such incredible ways, and it changed my life! (http://jamesonetwoseven.wordpress.com/)
3. Do you prefer to go out for dinner or cook your own meal?
I like to go out to eat for special occasions here and there, but I prefer cooking at home because I get the satisfaction of saving money and being domestic and wifey.
4. What is your favorite Disney movie?
Oh my gosh, this is the hardest question. I love them all (especially the classics, not these new-fangled 3D shenanigans). I’d have to say the Lion King. The music is SO GOOD and the plot is Shakespearean at heart (Hamlet) and it’s just an entertaining movie for all ages.
5. Where is the last vacation you took?
Well, I went to Africa this summer, but that wasn’t really a vacation since we were doing mission work. So I’d have to say it was in March when we went to Fort Morgan Beach in Alabama.
6. Favorite guilty-pleasure TV show?
America’s Next Top Model. I’ve seen every single season (all 19 of them).
7. Thoughts on Crocs (the shoes):
They’re hideous. They should only be worn for gardening or maybe walking to the mailbox. Maybe.
8. Do you watch or play any sports?
I watch college football (like it’s my job).
9. Sweet or Savory snacks?
Sweet! Chocolate please!
10. Are you a spender or a saver?
Definitely a saver.
11. Where was the best burger you ever had?
ummm my husband grills a MEAN burger. But I think the best one ever was probably the thick-bacon burger at Chili’s (see #8 on the first list)
And now here are my 11 questions for my nominees!
1. Do you have a favorite college football team? Who is it?
2. What would you consider to be your greatest achievement?
3. What do you think is the very best dish you’ve ever cooked? (and can I have the recipe? :-))
4. Since today is September 11th, tell me where you were when you heard the news on 9/11/2001.
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up.
6. What did you end up being/doing once you grew up?
7. What’s the funniest video you’ve seen lately? (and post a link if you have it!)
8. Apple or PC?
9. Who is your Hollywood crush?
10. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on
11. What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
Here are the 11 blogs that I nominate for this award!
1. Act Like a Lady, Eat Like a Man
2. Poore Amy
3. Go Bake Yourself
5. Simply Delicious
6. The Craving Chronicles
7. Once Upon a Recipe
8. Katie at the Kitchen Door
9. Annie’s Cooking Lab
10. Hungry Cupcakes
11. Who Needs a Diet?