Normally, when I see recipes that say “only 4 ingredients!” I’m pretty skeptical about how it will taste. I mean, cooking with few ingredients is nice and easy, but usually lacks flavor or interest. So naturally I thought that this recipe would be one of those dishes. But, since the picture looked really good and I was in need of a dish that I could make quickly and simply, I thought I’d give it a try, and I’m so glad I did.
In the realm of “0nly 4 ingredient” recipes, this one is a paragon of outstanding, delicious dinners. We were pleasantly surprised at how flavorful this is! And the chicken is juuuuuuicy! This is quite the accomplishment, considering it took me only 5 minutes to prepare it (and then it baked for about 20).
My one and only complaint is that the original picture is a bit misleading. It looks beautifully golden brown and crispy. I don’t know how they got it to look that way without pan-frying it. The coating is delicious, but not crispy…or golden brown.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix cheese, dressing mix and garlic powder.
- Moisten chicken breasts with water; coat with cheese mixture. Place in shallow baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- (I also sprinkled some parsley flakes on mine before serving)
Source: Moms Who Think