Have you ever had grilled bacon?! It is without a doubt, the BEST, MOST DELICIOUS way to eat bacon. As if bacon were not already one of the most wonderful foods on the planet, eating it grilled just takes it to a whole new level. It has that smokey, chargrilled flavor of the grill cooked into it…and oh man…it’s just so darn good. I’ve had bacon from the frying pan, the microwave, and the oven…but the grill is, hands down, the most flavorful way to cook it.
I bought bacon last week at the store mainly because I needed it for the Broccoli Salad I made for dinner guests. Well, we had some leftover so I used a few slices on our Loaded Potato Skins that we snacked on during football games yesterday. It turns out that bacon is just the gift that keeps on giving because we still had a few remaining slices. After church today, we were scrounging up any food in the house to make a decent lunch. My genius husband came up with the idea to use some extra pieces of frozen chicken and the last bit of bacon to create this amazing entree. He’s brilliant.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 c Dale's Low Sodium Sauce (or enough to cover breasts in marinade)
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon
- Use a fork to poke holes in the chicken. Put chicken and Dale's sauce in a ziploc bag. Marinate for at least one hour.
- Preheat outdoor grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard. Wrap each breast in 2 slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Grill chicken for about 30 mins over low heat, turning once halfway through. Make sure chicken is cooked through.