Since my recent posts have been rather meat-heavy (particularly with the king of all meats: bacon), I decided to post some vegetarian fare today. Honestly, if you’re going to eat something that doesn’t have meat in it, it might as well be pasta…covered in cheese. And believe it or not, in spite of all that cheese, this is actually a Weight Watchers recipe!
If you’re an Italian food lover like me, it’s pretty hard to go wrong with a big plate of cheesy pasta. This meal was easy to prepare, too…well except for opening the new package of ricotta cheese. That darn plastic under the lid is impossible to get off without just stabbing it with a knife and getting it everywhere. WHY DO THEY NOT WANT YOU TO BE ABLE TO OPEN IT?! *ahem* anyways…this dish was filling and hearty even without the meat. However, I still think I would’ve preferred a little ground beef in there…but that’s just me.
- 1 ½ c spiral pasta, cooked & drained
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ½ t dried parsley
- ½ t dried oregano
- ½ t dried basil
- 1 c low fat cottage cheese
- ¾ c part skim ricotta cheese
- 5 oz frozen chopped spinach, thaw/squeeze dry
- ½ c shredded part skim mozzarella, divided
- 1 c roasted garlic pasta sauce, divided
- Combine egg, herbs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, spinach, & ¼ c mozzarella.
- Place ½ c of pasta sauce in a medium sprayed skillet. Add cooked pasta on top and cover with remaining ½ c of sauce. Top with cheese and herb mix. Bring to boil; reduce to simmer. Cover and cook 20 min.
- Top with remaining 1/4 c mozzarella cheese (I actually used a bit more than this). Return the cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
WW Points = 10