Let me start this post by saying, THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MEALS EVER! Now, that may be hard to believe considering all of the delicious things I’ve cooked/eaten over the past 2 years. And yes, it is hard to choose a favorite. But y’all…this stuff is definitely in the top 5. It’s that good.
First of all, I love how ridiculously simple this dish is. It’s a crock pot recipe so you know there is very little work involved. I mean you don’t even have to thaw the chicken. Just toss them in the crock pot, pour some canned veggies on top and let it do it’s thing for a few hours. Then you’re left with some amazing chili to enjoy on a cool evening.
My favorite way to eat this is with tostito’s chips. You could easily just make this as a dip to take to a a party and it will definitely be devoured. You could also serve it over rice or even rolled up in a tortilla. Any way you try it, you won’t be disappointed. I’m not kidding when I saw that this is by far my favorite chili recipe. I know it’s not exactly conventional chili, but I don’t care. It’s amazing.
- 2 chicken breasts, still frozen
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can corn kernels, do not drain
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
- 1 T cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese
- Put the chicken in the crock pot. Top with the tomatoes, corn, the drained and rinsed beans, ranch dressing, cumin, onion and chili powders. Stir to combine then top with the cream cheese.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring once or twice to blend in the cheese. When done, use 2 forks to shred the chicken.
- Can be served over rice, in tortillas, as a dip with tostito's chips, or just as plain chili!
Source: Rita’s Recipes