I was hoping to post these delicious delights yesterday because they would be perfect for a gameday Saturday! However, my husband and I are celebrating our birthdays (which are only 4 days apart) by spending the weekend in Auburn, the Loveliest Village on the Plains. So yesterday was a little crazy with travelling and tailgating and hanging out with old friends. It has been a really awesome weekend (even if my team did get completely blown out because this is the worst season we’ve had in my entire lifetime).
So, I’m sorry I didn’t post these yesterday, but these sausage biscuit bites are good any day of the week! These would make great party food because it’s a clean finger food and perfect for individual servings. It’s also a delicious and easy breakfast! You could make a big batch on the weekend and then have a quick, on-the-go breakfast for work each day!
I love how easy these were. Using the pre-made biscuit dough made things super quick. It took only a couple of minutes to prepare and then 10 minutes to bake. And it seems they were gone in minutes too!
- 1 (10 count) can flaky biscuits (Grands Jr)
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove biscuits from cans and separate each biscuit into two layers, making 20 total biscuit layers. Press one layer of biscuit into cup of lightly greased cupcake pan. Repeat with remaining layers.
- Mix uncooked sausage and cheese gently until well blended. Shape into 20 balls of equal size.
- Place sausage-cheese ball in each biscuit cup. (you can use your thumb to indent the dough before putting in the sausage ball)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until biscuits are browned and sausage balls are bubbly.
Source: Plain Chicken