These pinwheels were SO GOOD! I actually made them for a Christmas party, but they are perfect for football parties too! Really, any type of party would be a great time to serve these. I don’t discriminate against party types. Speaking of football though, it’s sad that the season is coming to a close. Today was the SEC championship game with Georgia and Alabama. I was really pulling for the Dawgs, and it came down to the very last second, but Bama pulled out the win.
Anyways, about these awesome pinwheels. They’re surprisingly simple to make, they look cute, and they taste amazing! This is one of those appetizers that everyone will love. Cheese? Bacon? Cream cheese? Check, check, and check! I thought I made more than I needed, and it turns out that these got devoured in a matter of minutes! They were obviously a hit. In fact, these are really similar to the Pizza Pinwheels I’ve made before that were also a huge hit! I’m not sure which ones I like more!
- 1 tube of crescent roll dough (Reduced fat works just fine for this and you'll never know the difference!)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened (1/3 less fat cream cheese works too!)
- 5-ish bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 c of green onions, chopped
- handful or two of cheddar cheese
- sprinkling of garlic salt
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and pinch together all the seams. Roll it out with the rolling pin to flatten it a bit.
- Spread with 2 ounces of softened cream cheese, right out to the very edges. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Top with the cheese, bacon and green onion as evenly as possible.
- Roll it up from long end to long end. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes (this makes them easier to cut).
- Slice into about 1/2 inch slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake as directed on the crescent roll package.
Source: Buns in My Oven