I have been dying to try this recipe! We had some friends over for the weekend, and I knew it would be the perfect occasion to try this dish! It was definitely everything I was hoping for.
When this dish comes out of the oven, it smells AMAZING! My poor friends were very patient while we took the time to get this photo, but trust me, we were all drooling over the smell and could hardly wait to dig in. The combo of tomatoes, artichokes, cheese, and herbs was just fabulous on top of a delicious, juicy chicken breast. In fact, while I was mixing up the toppings, one of my friends said, “I could totally just eat this tomato and artichoke mixture as a salad!” And she’s right, even without the chicken, it would’ve been a good, refreshing salad! This is definitely a meal fit for a dinner party, but it’s not so complex or time-consuming that you couldn’t make it on a weeknight for your family!
- 4-5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- small jar of artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t of sugar
- 2 T of flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 T fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes, garlic, artichoke hearts, olive oil, sugar, and flour in a bowl. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix it all together.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and put them in a baking dish. Pour the tomato mixture on top.
- Bake until the chicken is done, about 30 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and sprinkle mozzarella on top. Place under the broiler for a few minutes (keep an eye on it!) until the cheese is golden brown and the vegetables are caramelized.
- When you pull the chicken out of the oven, sprinkle basil on top, and the heat of the dish will wilt the basil.
Source: Aaron and Jill W