Never in a million years would I have thought of putting chicken, pears, celery, feta, and spinach all together in one dish. It’s not that the combination sounds gross or anything, it’s just not a combination that seems common…or that even makes sense. When I looked at the recipe, I’ll admit, I did the one-eyebrow-raised-this-looks-suspicious face. But, I am now a believer in this seemingly nonsensical mash-up of random food items. We LOVED it!
The roasted pears were definitely my favorite part. The honey glaze just made them so sweet and delicious! I could just eat those pears as a snack by themselves. But what was really surprising was how well everything went together. The chicken was good, but having a bite of chicken with feta, celery, and a bite of pear all together on your fork was just sublime!
There are two other things that are just additional bonuses for this meal. Firstly, it is a rather pretty dish! The various colors and textures really look good together on the plate. Plus, for some reason, pears are Christmasy to me so it’s appropriate for this time of year. Also, this is a Weight Watchers meal! So you can enjoy this luxurious looking (and tasting) meal without feeling guilty. Which, is especially important around the holidays when we stuff our faces…
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 t olive oil
- ⅛ t salt
- ⅛ t pepper
- 2 t honey
- 2 t white wine vinegar
- 2 or 3 pears, cored & thin sliced
- 4 stalks celery, thin sliced
- 2 oz crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- ½ bag of fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken on one side pan. Brush with 1 t olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast 10 min.
- Meanwhile, toss pears with honey, 2 t olive oil & pepper. Add pears to the other side of baking pan. Roast 10 min or until chicken is done.
- Combine celery, feta, and vinegar. Divide spinach into 4 servings; top evenly with chicken, pears & pan sauce. Top with celery mixture.