If you’re like me (detail-oriented and maybe a little nitpicky) you may notice (and be slightly bothered by) the photo actually has linguini pasta while the title clearly states “chicken spaghetti”. Sorry. That’s the only pasta I had. Luckily, there isn’t much taste difference between the two pastas. And no matter which pasta shape you use, I think we could all agree that this stuff is DELICIOUS!!
We really enjoyed this dish! Plus, I think it’s awesome that you can use Velveeta cheese in a Weight Watchers recipe. I didn’t have to feel guilty about eating that delicious processed cheese. However, the recipe calls for 2 ounces and the smallest package is 16 ounces…sooo now I need to eat the remaining 14 ounces and probably will feel guilty about it. Oh well.
This is really a unique dish with lots of flavors. Plus, that creamy pasta just has a comfort food quality to it that I love. The only thing I might do differently is increase the sauce ingredients — the cheese and the soup — to make it a bit creamier. Just be aware that doing so would change the WW Point value.
- ½ lb chicken breast, cooked & diced
- 2 oz Velveeta cheese
- 2 oz chopped green chilies
- ½ can fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 ½ c cooked thin spaghetti pasta
- ¼ c chopped onion
- ¼ c diced red bell pepper
- ½ t salt
- ½ t pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In saucepan, mix Velveeta, chilies, and soup. Heat on low for 5 min. Add chicken & remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into a sprayed 8x8 baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
WW Points = 7