On this blog, I’ve posted quite a few recipes using dijon as a key ingredient. As someone who isn’t that fond of mustard, that’s kind of surprising to me. But here’s the thing…dijon is a surprisingly versatile ingredient, and though I’ve made lots of dishes with it, none of them taste similar, but all of them taste good!
This dijon chicken is no exception. The sauce is delicious. I’m so glad I served rice with this because it’s great for sopping up the leftover sauce. This dish has lots of other things going for it too: It’s a weight watchers recipe, it’s easy to make, and it takes about 30 minutes total. All in all, this is a great weeknight meal for your family. They will love it and not even know that it’s good for them!
- 2 T light margarine
- 2 T flour
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 1 c fat free chicken broth
- Melt butter in a medium skillet on medium heat, and brown onions and chicken.
- Whisk together flour and mustard; add broth and pour over chicken.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 min.