I love the combo of pecans and pork! This recipe is no exception, and it’s made even better with a yummy lemon butter sauce. This dish was REALLY delicious, and it’s a great weeknight meal. I think overall it only took me about 30 minutes, and it was pretty easy too!
One thing I do want to mention: the recipe calls for finely chopped pecans. Really, the finer they are, the better. What I did was I put my coarsely chopped pecans into a blender and ground them up. You can see in the picture what kind of size/texture this gives the pecan coating. If you don’t have a blender or a food processor, regular chopped pecans will do fine, but they might not stick on the meat as well.
We really loved this meal, and I also enjoyed how the lemons make my kitchen smell so fresh! Hope you enjoy it too!
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (approx. 1/2 to 3/4” thick)
- ½ tsp crushed garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Rub chops with garlic, salt, pepper, & zest.
- Melt butter in skillet on medium heat. Brown chops, 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Spread nuts on plate. Remove chops 1 at a time and press 1 side into nuts. Sprinkle any remaining nuts over chops.
- Stir lemon juice into pan drippings, scraping up any stuck-on pieces, heat for 1 minute and spoon over chops. Serve with lemon wedges.
Source: What’s 4 Dinner Solutions