Looking for a quick and easy lunch or dinner idea? These wraps are perfect! I did not think that these wraps would be very filling, but I was wrong! My husband and I each only ate one (with a side of pasta salad), and we were full! Plus they tasted amazing…like, way better than I expected such a simple wrap to taste!
This recipe takes only about 10 minutes to prepare if you already have pre-cooked chicken like a rotisserie. I didn’t have any pre-cooked so I did have to take an additional 25 minutes to bake and shred the chicken, but it wasn’t a big deal. I was able to get out and mix together all of my other ingredients while the chicken was in the oven.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, light or regular
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, sliced very thin
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, light or regular
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (this does not make them spicy but adds great flavor!)
- 3 c shredded rotisserie chicken, skin discarded
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- Whisk the mayonnaise, cilantro, scallions, celery, sour cream and hot sauce in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll stuffed tortillas and spray the tortillas all over with cooking spray.
- Arrange 2 wraps, seam-side down, in panini press and cook until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps.
*If you don't have a panini press, heat a skillet or griddle to medium high heat, and cook wraps for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp.
Source: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe