Do you have an upcoming party or get-together that you need to make an appetizer for? Actually…it doesn’t have to be soon…do you EVER take an appetizer to parties? Actually…it doesn’t have to be a party…do you want to eat delicious food?!
This dip is ridiculously good, y’all. No joke. I could seriously just camp out with a whole box of crackers and the entire bowl of this dip, and go to town. I might be a fatty covered in cracker crumbs and little pieces of spinach in my teeth, but I’d be one happy gal. I didn’t do that, though (at least…not with the WHOLE bowl of dip). I made this dip for my in-laws at dinner last week, and it was a big hit. There is probably no one who wouldn’t like this dip. Even people who are not big spinach/artichoke fans will probably still like it because of all the gooey cheese and salty crackers! The veggies really give it more texture than flavor. I also liked that this dip only took 30 minutes total to prepare and cook. It was super convenient since I only had about that much time between getting home from work and heading over to our little dinner party.
By the way, I gotta give a shout-out to my parents for giving me this awesome chip/dip platter. The dip part in the center has a warming bowl that you plug in underneath it so it keeps your dip warm and melty. Genius! Thanks Mom and Dad!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped (this seems like a ton, but it was the perfect amount!)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a baking dish.
- Bake until the sides are bubbling and the cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve warm with Townhouse Crackers or Pita Chips.
Source: Closet Cooking