In case you’re not aware, slow cooking is all the rage right now. And given the fast-paced, busy lives most Americans lead, it makes sense why! You just dump ingredients in a pot, go about your business, and then have a nice meal ready when you are. Well get ready folks…because this is quite possibly the BEST meal I’ve ever made using my crock-pot!
This dish is SO filling and rich and just oh-so-amazing. Like all crock-pot meals, it’s super easy. You just toss in ingredients, and let it do it’s thing. I think I’m developing a love affair with cheese tortellini. It’s that good. The sausage, spinach, and tomatoes just give so much flavor to this soup! The cream cheese makes the soup base thick and creamy. This is the perfect meal for a cold night, or really ANY night. I had these leftovers for 3 lunches in a row, and still didn’t get tired of it. Your family will LOVE this!
- 1 (19oz) bag of cheese tortellini
- 1 (6oz) bag of fresh spinach
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 block (8 oz) of cream cheese
- 1 lb. of ground sausage
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- Brown the sausage in a skillet.
- Put all ingredients in crockpot, breaking the cream cheese into chunks.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Uncover, stir, and cook for 1 more hour.
Source: Little Fellows