If you browse pinterest at all, you’ve probably seen a recipe similar to this one. I know I’ve seen dozens of various cracker chicken recipes myself. What I like about this particular recipe I’m about to show you is that it’s actually a low fat version! Many of those I find on pinterest require a bowl full of melted butter, and while it’s probably delicious, your arteries might not agree.
This recipe will only take you a few minutes to prepare, but it does require an hour to cook. So just be mindful of that as you’re planning your meals! This chicken definitely delivered on texture and flavor. I love the crunchiness from the crackers and the flavor from the garlic and seasonings. The chicken meanwhile stayed juicy and tender inside of its crispy little shell. The only negative I found is that the bottom of the chicken does get a bit soggy. Perhaps you could set it on a roasting rack to prevent this from happening. If you try it out, let me know how it works!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 c reduced fat townhouse crackers, crushed
- 1/2 c shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 egg white
- fat free butter spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend together cracker crumbs, parmesan, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg white and then in crumb mixture to coat.
- Place in a sprayed baking dish and spray the tops of the chicken generously with butter spray.
- Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour.