Don’t you wish you could get presents for Easter like when you were little? Well you can! Just enter my Taco Rack giveaway and you could be the one receiving a new, awesome kitchen gadget! Just go to my Shrimp Taco post and leave a comment to enter!
Aren’t those colors beautiful! This is definitely a dish to usher in the warmer weather (whenever it decides to show up). This is also a weight watchers recipe, meaning it’ll help you get ready for swimsuit season which is fast approaching! My favorite thing about this dish is that it was completely ready in about 20 minutes! So quick and easy!
I gotta admit though, I’m not really the best judge of this dish because I don’t really care for peppers and zucchini…two of the primary ingredients in this dish. However, if I loved those 2 vegetables, then I’d probably like this dish a lot more! I kind of ate around the veggies (I’m apparently 7 years old). I did really enjoy the sausage and the Italian seasonings though! My husband (who loves the peppers and zucchini, because he’s a grown-up) agrees with me on one thing though: the pasta could’ve used some type of sauce. Maybe like an Italian dressing or something, just to coat the pasta and give it more flavor. Maybe some of you, my awesome readers, can experiment with it and find a great sauce that would be perfect for this pasta!
- 6 oz dry rotini pasta (I used ziti because that's what I had on hand)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t minced garlic
- 14 oz smoked turkey sausage, cut into slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded & cut into strips
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, sliced (I just used regular tomatoes because I didn't have grape ones, but those would've been better!)
- Cook and drain pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil and minced garlic in a large sprayed skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and onions; saute until onions are tender. Add zucchini, bell pepper, and Italian seasoning; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and pasta. Heat thoroughly.
WW Points = 6