Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone! I honestly have no idea what this traditional Mexican holiday is celebrating. All I know is that us Americans love to eat Mexican food and drink tequila on the 5th day of the 5th month every year. Maybe the Mexicans do the same thing?
Anyways, this is the latest (of many) Mexican dishes I’ve made. I truly have loved pretty much every single one of them. If you want to browse my various Mexican-themed recipes to try for your Cinco de Mayo party, click here.
One thing I love about this Burrito Bake is that it is Weight Watcher friendly. Yes, even with all that gooey cheese on top, this is only 6 points per serving. So go ahead and celebrate Cinco de Mayo with your friends and don’t feel guilty about it! No one will ever never know it’s healthy because it tastes so good! It’s also crazy simple to make. Brown beef, add taco seasoning, add to layer of beans, top with cheese, bake. BOOM, you’re done!
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 package Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2/3 cup Water
- 10 ounce can Fat Free Refried Beans
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Shredded, 2% Mexican Cheese (I used WW Brand)
- 1 cup Shredded, Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef and drain, add taco seasoning and 2/3 c water and let simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Mix Bisquick, water and refried beans in a small bowl.
- Place bean mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle taco meat on top, then add both cheeses.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
WW Points = 6
Source: Rylee Grover