Mmm grilled pork chops…one of my all time favorite meals. Honestly, I think just a plain-jane hunk of pork on the grill is still delicious, even without marinades and glazes and what-not. However, those marinades and glazes can add LOTS of flavor and really seal in the juices to make the meat even more tantalizing.
I think I have shared (many times) about my love for brown sugar. I gravitate towards recipes on pinterest with “brown sugar” in the title. When I was little and wanted a snack, I would go into the pantry and sneak spoonfuls of brown sugar. Mom, if you’re reading this, sorry I ate all your brown sugar…but it was worth it.
The brown sugar glaze gives the perfect touch of sweetness to the savory grilled meat. This is a perfect weeknight meal because it only takes about 20 minutes to make. Plus, it’s a weight watchers recipe, which always makes me feel better about what I’m eating. Hopefully wherever you live, you will have some beautiful weather soon where you can grill these amazing pork chops!
- 4 bone-in center cut pork rib chops
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 Tbsp light butter, divided
- 4 Tbsp red cooking wine
- Preheat grill to high heat. Cook pork over high heat for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, brown sugar, and steak seasoning. Add wine and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Simmer 1 minute or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Turn grill down to medium heat. Brush glaze onto both sides of pork and continue grilling for another 5 minutes on each side, or until done.
WW Points = 6