This grape salad is one of my favorite side dishes. Why? Because it can also be considered a dessert. And we all know that the very best side dishes are ones that are so sweet and delectable that they could pass for desserts.
This cool, refreshing dish would be perfect for a summer picnic! It also goes great with BBQ, if you’re looking for something to take to that Memorial Day party next week! It’s super easy to throw together, and doesn’t require any baking or cooking. I just love the sweet cream cheese with the crunchy pecan topping. I use reduced fat cream cheese and light sour cream to help cut calories (and the guilt). But hey, it’s got fruit in it, so it’s healthy right?
- 1 lb red seedless grapes
- 1 lb green seedless grapes (mine is not pictured with green grapes, because they were out at the store! But it's definitely prettier with both colors of grapes)
- 1/2 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Brown sugar, to taste
- Chopped pecans, to taste
- Wash and stem grapes, set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla together by hand.
- Stir grapes into mixture, and stir until coated.
- Pour into large serving bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle each serving with brown sugar and chopped pecans.