Hello lovely readers! I’m hoping that those of you who used to get email updates from my old blog are now receiving emails from the new blog! We had
tons and tons some glitches along the way, including sending out an email with a broken link (oops) but we appreciate your patience! And hopefully you still appreciate receiving my emails with recipes, in spite of a few hiccups. 🙂 Hopefully, we’ve got it all under control now, but please let me know if you see anything wrong (broken links, pictures not showing up, text looking un-formatted, etc.) with my site! Thanks y’all!
Anyways, I am pretty pumped about this recipe today. Pizza = awesome. Chicken = yummy. Pizza Chicken = mind blowing. If you’re a pizza fan, but don’t want all the carbs, this is for you! Or even if you don’t care about carbs but are a pizza fan, this is still for you! Plus, it’s only got 5 ingredients and takes only about 30 mins to make. WINNING!
To be honest, I thought this would taste like grilled chicken with some cheese and pepperoni. I didn’t think it would taste pizza-ish. I was actually wrong because the flavors were really similar to a pizza! I think marinating the chicken in the Italian dressing is the key to the pizza-like flavor. Kids will love this dish! And it’s a moderately healthier alternative to ordering pizza.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Favorite pizza toppings - pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, peppers (I used miniature pepperoni)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for 1 hour up to overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill. Cook over high heat for 3-4 mins on each side, then turn heat down to low for remainder of cook time - approximately 10-12 minutes per side. (you could also cook in a skillet if you don't have a grill)
- Preheat broiler. Place chicken on rimmed baking sheet. Spread 2 Tablespoons of pizza sauce on top of each chicken breast. Top with pizza toppings. Sprinkle mozzarella over toppings. Then sprinkle a few more toppings on top of the cheese.
- Place chicken under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly. (This will only be a few minutes! Watch closely so you don't burn it!)
Source: Plain Chicken