Before I tell you about this awesome dish, I have an update about my site! It came to my attention (when I never received any comments on any post) that the comments were not working properly on my new and updated site! Thankfully, my husband came to my rescue (again) and fixed the problem! I just wanted y’all to know in case you’d been trying unsuccessfully to leave comments, they are now up and running!
Ok so now on to this stroganoff…Some of you may be looking at this picture and not getting very excited. To be fair, it does have a very plain, not colorful look to it. Honestly, it just looks like pasta with a chicken-like mush mixture on top. OK and maybe that’s actually what it is.
BUT! The picture fails to tell you a few things. First, this dish (like most crock-pot dishes) is SO SIMPLE to make! It only requires FOUR ingredients! Second, this is a Weight Watchers recipe! Only FOUR points per serving! And lastly, IT IS SO DELICIOUS! Oh my goodness I could not get enough of this stuff. It was also really filling so even though I wanted more, I didn’t feel like I needed any more. This totally does not taste like a diet meal.
- 1 can Campbell’s 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 16 oz fat free sour cream
- 1 envelope of Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 lb of frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz no yolk egg noodles, cooked
- Place chicken in crock-pot.
- Stir together mushroom soup, sour cream, and onion soup mix in a bowl and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. (Mine only took about 4 because my crock-pot cooks things really fast)
- Shred the chicken and stir back into sauce. Serve over pasta.
WW Points = 4 (does not include pasta)