If you browse pinterest much at all, you have probably seen this recipe. It has got to be one of the most frequently pinned recipes out there. I see it ALL the time and have seen a few other bloggers also try this recipe. Everyone said that this dish is “sssooo good” and it’s also fairly healthy! So I decided to give it a try.
I get what all the hype is about! These enchiladas are really good, and it’s nice to know they’re not super fattening too. Each enchilada only has about 260 calories! This was my first time eating “sour cream enchiladas.” Usually sour cream is what I use to top off my enchiladas (and every other Mexican food), but in this case, it’s a main ingredient. Seeing as how I LOVE sour cream, I really enjoyed it. But it definitely tastes very different from a traditional recipe using enchilada sauce. If you love Mexican and want to cook something unique and healthy for your family, this is definitely a must-try!
WW Points: 7
- 16 oz. fat free sour cream
- 1 can fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 tbls. fresh chopped cilantro (1/2 tbls. dried)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 can Mexican Rotel
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 8 medium sized low carb tortillas
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese blend
- 1 can diced green chiles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, mix together sour cream, soup and cilantro. Heat through and set aside. (This is will get to the bubble up/boil stage quickly and make a huge hot mess if you don't keep stirring.)
- Combine the chicken, rotel, onions, and green chiles in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. Heat until onions are transparent. Or if you omit onions, stir for a few minutes to blend the flavors and juices.
- Warm the tortillas until flexible. (I microwave them for 10 seconds sandwiched between two damp paper towels.)
- Fill each tortilla with about 2 tbls. of the chicken mixture. Top with about 1/2-1 tablespoon of cheese (or a medium sized pinch if you measure like I do)
- Roll the tortilla up and place seam side down in a 8x11 dish sprayed with cooking spray. Pour/Spread the sour cream sauce over enchiladas. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Source: Skinny Mom