Within the next couple weeks, most of the schools around the US will be back in session, beginning the new school year and bringing an end to summer. However, the heat will remain for a while before Fall sets in, especially here in the South where it doesn’t get “cold” until about November. This is an AWESOME treat to enjoy while the weather is still warm!
This is my third experiment with my new popsicle maker this summer. First, I made Key Lime Pie Popsicles and then Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pops! All three have been delicious and refreshingly cool in the summer heat. But I gotta say these Oreo Pudding Pops are my favorite! My personal preference is for the creamy pops over the fruity ones, and I’m a huge fan of Oreos too! My favorite part is the WHOLE OREO down at the base of the popsicle. It’s so chocolatey and delicious!
We made these yummy popsicles when my 8 year old cousin spent the weekend with us recently. As you can see, they were a big hit!
- 1 (4.2 oz) box of Oreo Cookies ‘n Creme Instant Jell-O pudding
- 1½ cups of milk
- 6 Oreo cookies
- Stir together pudding mix and milk.
- Pour mixture into popsicle mold. Do not fill all the way to the top so it doesn't overflow when you put in the Oreo cookie.
- Since a whole Oreo will not fit in the popsicle mold once the stick is inserted, remove one chocolate side of each of the Oreo cookies and use just the cookie half with the creme.
- Slide cookie, chocolate side out, against side of popsicle mold.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 2-3 hours, or overnight.
Source: No. 2 Pencil