Hey everybody! So typically I post football-ish recipes on Friday, but yesterday I was busy hanging out and catching up with an old friend! So thank you for your patience (as if you had a choice), and here is your tailgate friendly recipe for the day!
This dip is SUPER easy to throw together! It has 3 layers: cream cheese, refried beans, rotel and black beans, and it’s all topped with cheese! It’s as simple as draining a couple cans, then spreading and baking. I love how easy it is, and it tastes great! I made it with fat free cream cheese, fat free refried beans, and low fat cheese. So all in all, it’s actually a pretty healthy dip (comparatively). I don’t know about you, but during football season, I eat tons more junk food, so it’s nice to find something that is delicious and not incredibly fattening.
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened (reduced fat or fat free works fine)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a 9x9 baking dish, spread cream cheese. Top with refried beans.
- In a small bowl, combine black beans and Rotel tomatoes. Spread over refried beans. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 25 min or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla or Frito chips.