So in the past, I’ve posted a few “non-traditional” pizzas here on the blog. We have thoroughly enjoyed all of them, and this is the newest addition to the pizza series. We definitely enjoyed this one too!
I love how simple this dish is, and it’s definitely a crowd-pleaser. Everyone loves pizza, and everyone loves chicken alfredo! Even the pickiest eaters. You can buy pre-made pizza dough and alfredo sauce, and you could even buy pre-cooked rotisserie chicken so this dish is really as simply as rolling out the dough, topping, and baking. However, if you wanted to spend a bit more time and give it a homemade touch, you could make your own dough and alfredo sauce. If you don’t have a rotisserie chicken on hand, just simply bake a couple chicken breasts and then chop them into bite sized pieces.
Next time you need a quick weeknight meal that will leave your whole family satisfied, this is a great one!
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil, if desired
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll dough onto pizza pan or stone. Pre-bake for 8 minutes, and then remove from oven (but leave oven on).
- Spread alfredo sauce over the pizza dough, leaving a half inch border around the edge. Top with chicken, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the bottom is crisp and the cheese is bubbling.
- Let pizza cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle with chopped basil. Slice and serve.
Source: Foodie Misadventures