This is one super hearty dish that you will definitely want to make ASAP! It only has a handful of ingredients and is very simple to make. It was SO delicious too!
One thing I really liked about this dish was the texture. It’s got a creamy sauce, but the croutons retain some of their crunchiness. And let’s just talk about this sauce for a sec…it’s out of this world. Seriously I could’ve just eaten it as a soup! You definitely need to serve this with rice because it makes the perfect sponge for all that amazing sauce! I also really liked the yummy swiss cheese on top of the chicken. Mmmmm now my stomach is growling thinking about this meal!
This would be a perfect, warming, and hearty meal to enjoy in the fall or winter, but honestly it would be good any time of year!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup herb-seasoned croutons, crushed
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts in half (or even thirds if they're very large). Place chicken breasts in greased baking dish.
- Place one slice of swiss cheese over each piece of chicken.
- Mix the Cream of Chicken soup with 1/4 cup water and pour over the top of the chicken. Crush the croutons and spread over the top. Melt butter or margarine and drizzle over the top.
- Bake for 45 mins, or until chicken is done.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve chicken over rice.
Source: Bombshell Bling