Today’s Friday football recipe is one that I LOVE! Everybody loves pizza, which is why these lil rollups are a super simple and quick appetizer or tailgate food that everyone will love. I guarantee you will not have leftovers!
I love how quick this dish was to prepare. From pantry to table, it took about 15 minutes. And it’s so simple! The first picture above really shows you all there is to do! My one complaint about these is that the recipe only makes 8. This is great if it’s just a couple people hanging out watching a football game, but if you’re looking for something to feed several friends at a party or tailgate (or even if you have a large family), then you will need to double the recipe. Luckily, this is a VERY easy recipe to double or even triple.
The recipe includes an optional butter Garlic Butter glaze…but let me tell you…it makes the rollups SO much better that it really shouldn’t be optional! If you don’t make the glaze, they will still be delicious. But the glaze only takes a second to mix together, and it really makes these taste more like pizza and less like plain stuffed crescent rolls.
- 1 can (8 count) of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks, halved
- 1 package of sliced pepperoni
- Optional Garlic Butter:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take each triangle of crescent roll dough and place about 6 pepperoni on the bottom of the triangle. Place half of a cheese stick on top and roll up. Place seam side down on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- While rolls are cooking, combine the melted butter, Italian seasonings, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- When rolls are done remove from the oven and brush with the garlic butter glaze. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Source: Just a Pinch