Another Friday, another awesome football recipe. But like all of my football recipes, this would be great for any large get-together, football related or not!
We ate this as a dip for chips, but the original recipe actually is more of a corn salad to be served as a side dish. And either way you want to serve it is great! It’s nice to have a versatile recipe! The only difference is, if serving it as a salad, you’ll want to crush up about 3/4 of a bag of Doritos and stir it into the corn mixture. Since I was serving it with chips, I didn’t mix them in and we just scooped up the corn mixture on Doritos. You could do either or both!
I liked that this dip was light and refreshing. Sometimes with dips (like cheesy rotel dip or 7 layer Mexican dip) they are so heavy and filling that I can’t eat anything else with it. This corn dip, however, was light enough to eat and enjoy lots of other delicious football food! It made a wonderful addition to our tailgate as we watched the Auburn Tigers march on to an 8-1 record! War Eagle!
- 2 Cans of Sweet Corn, drained
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Garnish with chopped green onions
- 1 bag of Doritos Corn Chips
- Mix together first 7 ingredients. Sprinkle chopped green onions on top of mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (Don't skip this step because chilling it makes all the flavors blend together!)
- Garnish with a ring of whole Doritos chips
- Serve with Doritos chips for dipping.
If you'd rather serve this as a corn salad side dish instead of a dip, crush up 3/4 of a bag of Doritos and stir into corn mixture before refrigerating.
Source: E-recipe Cards