This is an awesome family recipe! This bubble up pizza is SO much easier and faster than making a regular pizza. And it’s cheaper than ordering delivery too.
Not only is this a guaranteed dinner-time success, but it’s also easy on the wallet! It only has a few, cheap ingredients so it’s great for buying groceries on a budget. I loved how easy this was to throw together! This is a unique way to make pizza, and it makes enough to serve a large family!
You can also modify it to fit your tastes. We just used pepperoni for topping, but obviously you can use veggies, sausage, or any other type of topping your family likes! And if you like this recipe (and everyone does), stay tuned because I think I’m going to try some more “bubble up” recipes. Maybe bubble up lasagna? Bubble up enchiladas? We’ll see….
- 2 cans (12oz) golden layer buttermilk biscuits (Pillsbury Grands! Jr)
- 1 jar (15oz) pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- your favorite pizza toppings - cooked sausage, pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and place in medium bowl. Toss biscuits with pizza sauce. Add desired toppings and 1 cup of cheese. Toss until well blended.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour biscuit mixture into pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until biscuits are done.
Source: Plain Chicken