I’ll admit it, I don’t enjoy when the weather turns cold. I’d like for it to stay warm and sunny all year long. However, I do enjoy the classic flavors of fall. This recipe is the perfect example of that! Apple crisp on a pie crust, topped with caramel sauce. Mmmmmm!
This is a really easy dessert to make. It may have a lengthy ingredient list, but don’t let that stop you. All the ingredients are common ones you probably already have on hand. It uses pre-made pie crust, but if you’re an overachiever with a great crust recipe, then you could definitely make your own. The apple crisp portion is as simple as cutting up some apples, mixing with some yummy ingredients, and spreading on the pie crust. I love recipes that are easy, but they look like they’re so difficult and took forever. This is definitely one of those recipes.
This would be GREAT to serve for Thanksgiving! I know I’d definitely be thankful if someone served it to me 🙂
- Apple Pizza
- 1 9-inch pie crust dough
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 4 medium apples peeled and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll pastry to fit a 12 inch pizza pan; fold under edges to give the pizza a bit of a raised crust. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add peeled, diced apples and toss. Arrange the apples in a single layer over the pie crust to completely cover it.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl. Mix well. I like to use my clean hands to get in there and mush it together until it's the texture of wet sand. Sprinkle topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Cut into pizza slices and serve warm.
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything