OK folks, I know I’ve shared lots of football recipes with you since the beginning of the season. But I gotta say that this might be my favorite one yet! It’s definitely my favorite dip recipe ever. A dear friend of mine made it at a party once in college, and I’ve never forgotten how good it was! In fact, I tried lots of other recipes that seemed similar, but none could compare. Then I finally got the recipe from my friend, and oh I’m so glad I did!
I made this dip at an Iron Bowl party last weekend. If you don’t know what the Iron Bowl is, you must not live in the South and you probably haven’t watched the news much in the last few weeks. And that’s ok. But allow me to inform you: the Iron Bowl is the Auburn vs. Alabama football game which is the last game of the regular season each year. It’s called the Iron Bowl because for years it was played in Birmingham, AL, known for its steel industry. It’s also the most vicious rivalry in the country. Anyway, last week’s Iron Bowl was the MOST EPIC, UNBELIEVABLE, AMAZING GAME EVER! The game is being touted as “the most impressive game in college football history” and some even say in the history of all of sports. It was awesome, and I’m so proud of my Auburn Tigers!!! It’s been a magical season. And the victory in that game means that Auburn is going to the SEC championship, which is tomorrow! WAR EAGLE!
I know many of you may be NFL fans or not care about football at all, but hey this dip is something EVERYONE will love. Because who doesn’t love bacon?! This dip is ssssooo easy and only has 4 ingredients! It doesn’t get simpler than that! It makes a ton too. This would be great to serve at any party, and I know with Christmas coming up, you’ll have lots of parties to go to! I definitely recommend you give it a try, and I can guarantee you will not be disappointed!
- 2 blocks (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened (1/3 less fat works)
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 oz sour cream (reduced fat works)
- 2 packs (4.5 oz each) of real bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together, reserving some of the bacon pieces for topping.
- Pour into a 3 qt casserole dish and top with remaining bacon pieces. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Best served with Frito's Scoops, but it'd also be great with Club crackers, Tostito's, etc.
Source: My awesome friend Ben!