This chili got rave reviews from my family! We had it for dinner last night, and everyone loved it. And I really enjoyed how simple it was to make. This time of year when the weather is cold, I use my crock-pot frequently! This is one of those “dump it in and let it go” type of recipes.
This recipe was so easy, the only work I had to was chop an onion, open some cans, and shred some chicken. BAM! I really liked this dish. If there was one thing I would change about it, I’d actually add a second taco seasoning packet just to make it a little more taco-y. But either way, this was AWESOME! Before we even finished dinner, my family was asking for me to make it again soon!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15.5 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- A half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- If desired, top with chopped cilantro.
WW Points+: 5 pts Smart Points: 5 Protein: 23 g Carb: 26 g Fiber: 7 g Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 867 mg Cholesterol: 50 mg
Source: Skinny Taste