In need of a good, hearty chili that will warm you up on a cold day? Look no further! This dish was absolutely delicious, and everyone in my family went back for seconds!
We have had white chicken chili many times before, and this is similar to that classic recipe. But in my opinion, I think this version is better because it is thicker and heartier. The secret is pureeing one can of great northern beans so that it has a thicker texture. Genius!
Not only does this dish taste amazing, but you cook it in a slow cooker, which means it does most of the work for you! You do have some prep work involved (dicing chicken and onions and pureeing the beans), but after that, you just dump in all the rest of the ingredients and let the crock-pot do its thang. And on top of everything else, it’s only 4 Weight Watchers points per serving. BOOM!
WW Points: 4
- 1.25 lbs Boneless/skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 (11 oz) Can white corn, drained
- 2 (15 oz) Cans Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 Small white onion, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) Can diced green chiles
- 1 (14 oz) Can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 pkt White Bean Chili Seasoning Mix (I couldn't find the white BEAN chili mix, so I just used the regular white chicken chili mix, and it still tasted great!)
- 1/2 cup Fat free sour cream (or plain lowfat Greek yogurt)
- In a blender, puree one can of Great Northern Beans
- Place all of the ingredients in Crock Pot, cover, and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
If you don't have a crockpot, you can make this chili on the stovetop in a large pot over medium heat. Cook for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Source: Dashing Dish