There are certain things in life that everyone wants. No matter what your culture or beliefs or opinions, there are certain commonalities we share. Here are three things everyone on earth wants…One, a delicious meal. Two, easy and quick preparation of a delicious meal. Three, few dishes to clean after you’ve eaten a delicious meal.
Lucky for you, this dish has all three. This is a delicious meal! It has lots of flavors and textures that all go together beautifully, and it was a big hit at the dinner table. It’s also super easy and quick! It only takes about 30 minutes which means it’s perfect for a weeknight. This is definitely a recipe that the most amateur of cooks can achieve because it’s very simple. Lastly, this is a one-pot dish so there is very little cleanup! One-pot dishes are all the rage right now, and I can see why. I love easy cleanup, and I just feel like a superhero cooking a meal using only one dish. As a bonus, this dish is also very hearty and filling. And I love all the colors in one skillet!
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 3/4 cup white minute rice (regular rice will not get tender with the given amount of cooking time, so if you use it, you'll want to pre-cook it)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, combine soup, water and butter; bring to a boil. Add kielbasa and rice. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in peas and mushrooms; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until melted.
Source: Taste of Home