I have an addiction to gooey cheese. I just can’t look away. And I can’t stop eating it. Many attempts to “eat healthier” have been squashed by that glorious, delicious, melted gooey cheese.
In addition to having that marvelous blanket of cheesy goodness, there’s even more deliciousness nestled underneath. Brown sugar, garlic, and butter make for an amazing flavor combo with this pork chop. Plus, the brown sugar melts and creates a crazy good sweet sauce you can pour onto the chop before serving.
I love how ridiculously easy this is to make! Rub chops with garlic and brown sugar, drizzle with melted butter, bake, top with cheese and let it melt. That’s it! Not only is it super easy, but it’s got only a few ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand. I only had to buy the pork chops when I made this dish, and the rest was already in my kitchen. I love being frugal AND getting to eat amazing meals!
- 4 pork chops
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub both sides of pork chops with garlic and brown sugar. Place in square baking dish and drizzle butter over top. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature is 155 degrees.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for another five minutes.
Source: Beyer Beware