That’s right, everyone. Today we are launching a GIVEAWAY! Sound the trumpets and call your Aunt Ruth, cuz everybody is gonna want to know about this. The good people over at Mooney Farms were gracious enough to send me some of their products to review, and in exchange, one of my awesome readers will get to win some delicious goodies as well!
Here is what is included in the package, which will be given away to one lucky winner:
- 3 packages of sun dried tomatoes in a resealable pouch, in Italian Basil, Zesty Pepper, and Greek Oregano flavors
- 3 bottles of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, including Tomato Halves with Italian Herbs, Julienne Cut Tomatoes in Italian Herbs, and Bruschetta with Italian Basil
- 1 bottle of Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce
- Several recipe cards for some tasty Mediterranean dishes
- (giveaway does not include picnic basket pictured)
OK so now on to my review…the first recipe I made with these products is the Sun Dried Tomato & Shrimp Pasta (recipe below). It was SO GOOD. For this particular recipe, I used the Julienne Cut Tomatoes in Italian Herbs. I’ll admit that sometimes I don’t care for how sun dried tomatoes are “flavor hogs” they are often kind of tart and really overpowering. I was very glad that these are NOT like that. The Italian flavor blended beautifully into the pasta and did not overpower the other ingredients, and they definitely weren’t tart. I also appreciated how they were actually cut julienne style and not too big. I’ve bought a similar product from the store, but had to do additional chopping because they were very large in the jar, even though they’re supposed to be cut julienne style.
I also like the tomatoes in the resealable pouch because you can just throw them on anything for a little extra flavor. Salads, pizza, etc. Throw them on some garlic bread and you’ve got an appetizer! My family has found that they are great salad toppings.
I am sad to say that I haven’t used the Tomato Pesto Sauce yet, but I will DEFINITELY be using it soon. I can’t decide yet how I want to use it, but I actually snuck a little taste test straight from the jar, and it is delicious! Maybe I’ll do another pasta or maybe I’ll be a little more creative…stay tuned for that recipe 🙂
So now on to the giveaway, to enter to win this Mooney Farms Sun Dried Tomato Kit, simply enter your name and email in the widget below. Then you can get BONUS entries for each additional item you complete. Good luck!
*Contest only available for participants in the continental U.S.*
- ¾ cup Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb. shrimp (medium to large)
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- Pinch crushed red pepper, or to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Coat large deep sauté pan with olive oil and heat on medium. Add garlic and chopped shallots and sauté until tender (approx 5 minutes).
- Bring water to a boil. Cook pasta according to directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water for later.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, shrimp, mushrooms, and butter to garlic/shallot mixture.
- Combine and cook until shrimp turn opaque approximately 5 minutes.
- Add wine or chicken broth and reduce to simmer. There should be enough liquid to generously coat pasta.
- Add pinch of crushed red pepper to taste.
- Add ½ cup reserved pasta water to shrimp mixture and stir.
- Add drained pasta to shrimp mixture and combine well.
- Plate and top with grated cheese to serve.
Source: Mooney Farms