Happy weekend, everyone! Everybody knows the best time to eat pizza is on the weekend. It just tastes better that way somehow. So today I’m posting a delicious pizza recipe! It’s not your traditional type of pizza, but here on Normal Cooking, we’ve tried several unique pizza recipes, and they’ve all been AWESOME!
I know someone who doesn’t like tomato sauces, and therefore the only pizza she eats is “white pizza.” So I thought I’d try one out myself. It was SO GOOD! I used alfredo for my white sauce, and since I LOVE alfredo, I was pretty much guaranteed to like this. I chose to put chicken, bacon, and spinach on mine but you can use whatever toppings you like! The only thing I’d change is to use a little less spinach just because it made the pizza really thick. That thickness made it take a while for the center to cook all the way through. Seriously though this was DELICIOUS.
*Have you entered the Sun Dried Tomato Gift Set Giveaway? It ends Sunday 3/16/14! Click here to see the prizes and learn how to enter!
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 3/4 cup alfredo sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 10 oz pkg chopped spinach, thawed and drained well (I thought this was a little much, so you might want to use only 6-8 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced (you can use a rotisserie or a pkg of pre-cooked chicken
- strips or you can just cook a chicken breast and dice it up! whatever is easiest for you)
- 1/2 of a 3 oz pkg of real bacon pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll dough onto pizza pan or stone. Pre-bake for 8 minutes, and then remove from oven.
- In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, alfredo sauce, and spinach. Spread spinach mixture over pizza and top with chicken, bacon, and cheese.
- Cook pizza 10-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
Inspired by: What’s Cooking in the Burbs